Nitric Oxide For Men
The body is an intricate biological machine that requires fine-tuning for maximum efficiency. And ever so often, there’s new information shining a light on some lesser-known functions of the body.
We’re talking about information that could very well benefit a person’s health if they were tried, tested, and trustworthy. Our concern here today is regarding nitric oxide and its claimed benefits on men’s health.
Is nitric oxide indeed a “miracle molecule?” What do we all ought to know about this hyped-up compound? Well, allow us to divulge on the must-knows of nitric oxide on men’s health.
Nitric oxide is a molecule that’s produced in the endothelium. That is, the cells lining the inside of blood vessels. It is a compound that occurs through the processing of dietary nitrates.
According to several studies, nitric oxide is said to have remarkable health benefits for men. It is a vasodilator. Meaning, it helps improve blood vessel health and circulation, consequently leading to the proper functioning of all concerned vital organs.
The benefits of nitric oxide on men’s health include:
- Blood pressure and heart rate– Nitric oxide regulates BP and heart rate by dilating arteries and supplying oxygen to the bloodstream.
- Healthy erections– It increases blood flow and by helping muscles in the penis relax. Nitric oxide is said to remedy Erectile dysfunction (ED) in men.
- Memory power– It improves the health of nerve cells in the brain. It makes memory retrieval easier and brain function sharper.
- Physical endurance– It supplies ample oxygen to muscles. It reduces muscle soreness to an impressive degree and extends muscle durability during exercise.
- Stronger immunity– It improves cell health and makes them more intruder resistant.
Besides these, there have also been claims of multiple other benefits of nitric oxide. They include better sleep and its efficiency in the management of type 2 diabetes.
What are the symptoms of low nitric oxide?
Nitric oxide is crucial for the communication between cells and the proper delegation of cellular duties. And its deficiency can hence lead to significant problems. Some of the main symptoms of low nitric oxide in the body include:
- Low energy during physical activities– Indeed, a person might feel fatigued even without much physical exertion.
- Longer recovery duration– The lack of oxygen in the cells impairs it from effectively repairing damages in the body. You are likely to experience soreness and muscle ache for longer durations.
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)– Low nitric oxide results in the constriction of blood vessels. It prevents a healthy flow of blood to the penis and obstructs healthy erections.
- Increased level of stress– It can be both the cause and effect of low nitric oxide levels in the body. Stress increases blood pressure and heart rate by constricting blood vessels.
- Impaired vision– Nitric oxide helps regulate what is called ‘intraocular pressure’ in your eyes. A lack of it leads to excessive pressure and blurred vision.
Does nitric oxide increase testosterone?
It is more likely the other way around. Testosterone is what helps with the production of adequate amounts of nitric oxide.
How this happens is that testosterone produces an enzyme called nitric oxide synthase (NOS). This enzyme then converts nitrates obtained from food into nitric oxide, resulting in healthier blood vessels and proper circulation processes.
When there is a lack of testosterone, nitric oxide levels drop and cause the arteries to harden. And this causes multiple health concerns related to bad circulation.
Does nitric oxide make you hard and last longer in bed?
The straightforward answer is yes. Nitric oxide does make the penis remain hard for longer and thus help you last longer in bed.
What the penis requires to sustain an erection is a healthy amount of blood flow into the organ. And this is where nitric oxide plays a significant role. Nitric oxide aids erections by sending a signal to the arteries in the penis to loosen up and allow healthy blood flow into them. It causes the penis to swell and harden, producing a healthy erection.
A lot of men exhibit signs of erectile dysfunction (ED). It is primarily traced to the lack of nitric oxide in the body. An excellent way to remedy this is by knowing the workings of nitric oxide and maintaining its adequate production in the body.
What foods are high in nitric oxide?
What’s impressive about nitric oxide production in the body is that it can be increased by consuming natural food. To clarify, it isn’t the food that directly supplies nitric oxide to the body but helps produce it. What the food contains are dietary nitrates which are then converted into nitric oxide by NOS enzymes. Or other essential enzymes, amino acids, antioxidants, and compounds that could boost and regulate nitric oxide production in the body.
Foods that help nitric oxide production in the body are:
- Beets and leafy greens– These are high in dietary nitrates.
- Garlic– It is said to activate NOS enzymes which aid nitric oxide production.
- Meat– It contains enzymes that help preserve nitric oxide in the body.
- Dark chocolate– It is said to contribute towards nitric oxide production via flavanols.
- Watermelon and nuts and seeds– These contain amino acids that help nitric oxide production.
- Pomegranate and red wine– These are rich in antioxidants that help preserve nitric oxide.
- Citrus fruits– These have ample amounts of Vitamin C, which is said to help absorb nitric oxide in the body.
Nitric oxide is claimed to be an essential compound required for the proper functioning of the body. And anything that has to do with your health calls for a good amount of scrutiny.
A lot has been emphasized on the functions and importance of nitric oxide in men’s health. We hope that this write-up has shed light on some of them and helps encourage further inquiry and beneficial health choices.